Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

MY EYE IS SOAR AND I NOTICED THERE IS A WHITE DOT LIKE PIMPLE

MY EYE IS SOAR AND I NOTICED THERE IS A WHITE DOT LIKE PIMPLE JUST UNDER MY EYELID CAN IT BE TREATED AT HOME ?? MY EYE FEELS LIKE IT WANTS TO CLOSE IN BIGHT LIGHT (SUNLIGHT)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

JACUSTOMER-banfccx4- :

Yes im here

JACUSTOMER-banfccx4- :

Did you have any answers for me ???

Dr. Rick :

hi.

Dr. Rick :

The most common cause for an isolated bump on the eyelid is a chalazion or a stye. These bumps form when a gland in your eyelid gets plugged up and possibly infected. It is very often associated with a condition called blepharitis.

The treatment for this condition, however, is not antibiotics but rather cleaning the eyelids with baby shampoo. Buy some unscented baby shampoo and, in the shower, but th shampoo on your index fingers. Close your eyes, and raise your eyelids (to get skin out of the way) and scrub back and forth along your EYELASH margin. This is where the gland openings are located. The warm water will soften the gunk in the plugged glands, the friction and pressure of your fingers will massage the glands, forcing the gunk out and the shampoo will wash it away. You can also use warm compress to the affected lids during the day as your schedule allows.

This treatment will help to treat the bump on your eyelid while at the same time solving your underlying blepharitis. The lump may take many weeks to go away but you should notice some improvement in a few days or so.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
k