Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

Dear Staff, After 9 15 in the evening my eye lids close and

Dear Staff, After 9:15 in the evening my eye lids close and I can not open them. It's been going on for about three weeks. They can close from an hour too two hours. Is it an aneurysm? And what can be done about it?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Customer :

Hello

Dr. James :

Before we begin.

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Do you understand those terms?

Customer :

Yes. In the evening 9:15 or after my eye lids close for an hour or more and i can not open them. Is it an aneurysm?

Dr. James :

Is it occurring right now?

Customer :

NO. only at night after 9:15pm.

Dr. James :

One eye or both eyes?

Customer :

Both

Dr. James :

Do you have any eye pain or vision changes?

Customer :

MY fore head and my eyes feel strange.

Dr. James :

Have you been to a doctor regarding this?

Customer :

Say and he had me take an MRI and it normal.

Dr. James :

Was it an ophthalmologist?

Customer :

the above doctor sent me to my interest.

Dr. James :

Do you mean your ophthalmologist sent you to your internist?

Customer :

Yes. What wrong with my eyes?

Dr. James :

It is not likely an aneurysm. Aneurysms can compress on one of the nerves which lifts the eye can cause a droopy eyelid. However, it is unusual for one aneurysm to affect both sides and it is unusual for it to change throughout the day.

Dr. James :

Unfortunately, an MRI cannot defect aneurysms. You would need a special test called an MRA or a CTA which looks at the blood vessels specifically.

Dr. James :

Another condition to consider is myasthenia gravis.

Dr. James :

This is something your internist can test you for.

Dr. James :

If you develop signs and symptoms of a stroke (headache, weakness, slurred speech), you should seek medical attention immediately.

Customer :

First I went to an neurologist and he thought is would all go away. He would not let me have an MRI. I will do that.

Customer :

I call my doctor and have the test done.

Dr. James :

I'm assuming you've also seen an ophthalmologist.

Customer :

Yes and he told me the my interest. My eye doctor is in field of retina.

Dr. James :

Do you have any other questions for me?

Customer :

No Doctor James. Thank you. Dorotheia.

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon