Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

hey doc...please i want my cornea to be whiter...what pill

hey doc...please i want my cornea to be whiter...what pill do i take or what do i do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer : U there?
Dr. Rick :

I am guessing that you are talking about your conjunctiva as the cornea is clear and wouldn't work very well if it was white :o)

Dr. Rick :

There are a couple of things your can do. First off, using natural tears to soothe your eyes will help them to be whiter. Also, scrubbing your eyelids with baby shampoo to treat any underlying blepharitis will make them look whiter.

Dr. Rick :

Blepharitis is a condition where glands in the eyelids are not functioning normally. They become plugged and instead of putting out their normal clear, oily secretions, they put out thick, toothpaste like gunk.

The best treatment for this condition daily lid scrubs combined with warm compresses. I like to use baby shampoo for lid scrubs. In the shower, place the shampoo on your index fingers, close your eyes, raise your eyebrows (to stretch the skin on your eyelids) and scrub back and forth along your eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils.

Dr. Rick :

You can also use Visine to "get the red out", however this is a only a temporary fix and, if used too much, just ends up making your eyes redder then they would have been otherwise.

Dr. Rick :

And, if you really wanted to make your eyes whiter there are doctors who offer surgery to cut off the conjunctiva on your eyeball, removing the normal tissue and blood vessels that protect your globe so that you can have whiter eyes. I DO NOT recommend this surgery.

Dr. Rick :

Here is a doctor who offers this surgery....he, of course, is in California:

Dr. Rick :

http://freeeyesurgerytips.com/tag/eye-whitening. Once again I would strongly advise AGAINST removing perfectly normal tissue from your eye just to make it, maybe, look whiter......

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I was just gonna add that there is no pill that will make your eyes look whiter.

Customer : Surgery?
Customer : No no
Customer : Thats not what am asking of
Customer : I mean for brighter eyes
Customer : The way u take coffee berry for glowing skin
Dr. Rick :

What do you mean, brighter?

Customer : I want to know if there is any pill for the eye
Dr. Rick :

shinier corneas?

Customer : Yes
Customer : I think that's the word
Customer : Shinier
Dr. Rick :

No. There is no pill that can do that. Using natural tears and treating any underlying blepharitis with the lid scrubs will help your eyes to look brighter/shinier/healthier

Dr. Rick :

if that is how you spell shinier :)

Customer : What's blepharitis
Customer : And lid scrub
Customer : Natural tears as in when u cry?
Dr. Rick :

it is where the glands that make a component of your tear film are not working well.....almost everyone has it to some extent.

Dr. Rick :

no. Natural tear replacement drop as in you buy at the store....

Customer : Lol
Dr. Rick :

I made a funny.....

Customer : Yes
Customer : I asked type of tear
Customer : Anyway, is it a harmless eye drop?
Dr. Rick :

Any of the brands will work, buy the cheapest as they are mostly the same

Dr. Rick :

very harmless

Customer : So my eye will be shinier? What's the lid scrub u recommend
Dr. Rick :

I discussed it above. Just get some baby shampoo and clean your lashes (the glands are at the base of the lashes) and, in a few weeks, you should notice an improvement in the look of your eyes

Customer : Really? Just baby shampoo? Ok will do so
Customer : Thank you
Dr. Rick :

yup. Great stuff, baby shampoo......

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a great day.

Customer : U too
Dr. Rick :

Thx

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest