Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

about a week or so ago i noticed the yellow spot on my left

about a week or so ago i noticed the yellow spot on my left eye starting to change, now that area is contantly red and i feel a lot of pressure in that eye and have noticed it is a lot more blurry than it used to be, this past weekend another spot appeared on the white of my eye, should i be concerned? i couldn't get an apt with an opthamologist until next week
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Is this yellow spot right next to the colored part of your eye? Has this ever happened before to that spot?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is nest to the colored part and this has never happened before, I have had the yellow spot for several years and have never had any issues before, now people are starting to notice that my eye is constantly red on that side and i notice a white bump just below the yellow spot
This yellow spot is called a pingueculum. From time to time, these pinguecula can become inflamed. It sounds like this is what is happening to you. Unfortunately, this will likely require some topical steroids to resolve. However, while you're waiting to see the eye doctor, you can start to use some artificial tears 4-5x/day and you can also use some lubricating ophthalmic ointment once-twice a day to help soothe the eyes as well as cool compresses as much as you'd like.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?
I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.
If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.
Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.