Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

When ever I touch my eye lid it hurts and it feels heavy such

When ever I touch my eye lid it hurts and it feels heavy such as whe I go to put my contact and I pully my eye lid back it hurts. What to do? I do often have sinus problems.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

Is your eyelid swollen or red?

Is the eye itself red, painful, have any discharge, tearing or sensitivity to light?

Any change in the vision in that eye?

Any fevers or double vision?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am really sensitive to bright lights at work. No change in vision/ Small fevers.
But the eyelid and eyeball ate not red or swollen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nope not red nor swollen just feels heavy
How many hours/day do you wear your contact lenses?

How many nights/week do you sleep in your contact lenses?

How long have you been using the current pair of lenses?

Does either your eyeball or eyelid itch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My eye lid/ball constantly itches and I do wear my contacts from 10am in the morning until 1am. I try not to sleep with my contacts.
This sounds like an allergic dermatitis and conjunctivitis. What I would suggest is for you to use cool compresses as much as you desire, but to also start using an allergy eye drop. OTC brands are Zaditor and Alaway; if these don't stop the itching, then you should ask your doctor for a prescription drop called Pataday. If the lid becomes red and swollen you may need to start using 1% hydrocortisone ointment on the eyelid. If this is accompanied by fevers above 100.4 and you start to have eye pain, decreased or double vision then this may represent an infection of the skin and may require oral antibiotics which you would need to be prescribed by your eye doctor or PCP.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology