Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have had a sqeak around my eyeball for the last 40 or so

I have had a "sqeak" around my eyeball for the last 40 or so years . It happens when I apply light pressure at the eye ball. Why, & do I need to be conserned ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I am here to help you with your concerns. While you read this I will be responding to your question.

This is a very normal phenomenon that many people notice when they apply pressure to the eye. There are fluids in and around the eye that occupy space in and around the eye. When pressure is applied to the eyeball or the tissues around the eye (called the orbit), then this fluid shifts and in some persons an audible squish is heard which represents the shifting fluid. Certainly not everyone experiences this because we all have different shaped eyes and/or orbits.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.