Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

My right upper eyelid -pink X 2 days and felt like a burn had

Customer Question

My right upper eyelid -pink X 2 days and felt like a burn had occurred. Today both upper eyelids are pink and swollen and feel as if a burn occurred. I wash my lids AM and PM with Johnson's Baby shampoo and never have crud in them.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

are you in the chat room.

JACUSTOMER-dy0lg3go- :

yes. Hello. So keep doing what I have done for the past 2 days while the Rt. lid worsened and the lesft lid has now become affected?

Dr. Rick :

Sorry we missed each other. It sounds like may have a little bit of eczema, or perhaps a local allergic reaction. I suggest that you continue the baby shampoo lid scrubs and add a small amount of over the counter 1% hydrocortazone cream to the affected areas 3x/day. Cool compresses may help some also.

Dr. Rick :

If things are not any better by Monday you may want to see your primary care MD, or perhaps a dermatologist.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.