Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

have you heard of removing wrinkles on ones eye ball and what

Customer Question

have you heard of removing wrinkles on one's eye ball and what is the purpose and does it help?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Removal of wrinkles around the eyes such as crow's feet at the outer corner of the eye can be done by giving injections of Botulinum in divided doses.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is done by cosmetologists usually. Ophthalmic indications for these injections is restricted more towards the treatment of severe essential blepahrospasm.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Botulinum injection is given at multiple sites in calculated divided doses into the muscles whcih are responsible for the lines. Usually the effect of these injections can last anywhere between 4-6 months. Like any other procedure it also can have its complications such as damage to the muscle into which it is injected( the effect is temporary though). Contraindications for its use includes neuromuscular diseases, myasthenia gravis. For more details you can visit a cosmetologist who is into giving these injections( Botox).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer :

are you waiting to reply to me? I did not get the answer, is it my email?

Customer :

I am confused. I did not get a answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am asking about wrinkles ON the eye ball
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I asked for information about wrinkles on the eye ball, not the eye lid. Remving them with surgery. Or is that not possible?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I asked for information about removing wrinkles on the eye ball. not the eye lid.