How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11238
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

thank you for this oportunity... I am seaching for a specialized

Customer Question

thank you for this oportunity...? I am seaching for a specialized doctor for a member in my family who has RP.....He Has been to many doctors-however we need someone to check him regulary..for leakage..and general health...we understand there is no cure for this desiese..however..we need someone to keep a check on his progress..don't send us to another lowvision clinic...we have been this route...we need a doctor.....

We live in SC and have been to several clilnics outside of our state...please give some suggestion as to where we might go for a qualified physician. Your help is very much appreciated...PS I am running out of time. A mother of an RP son age 38..please give what advice you may have...Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I am a retina specialist.

Dr. Rick :

do you know what subtype of RP your son has?

Dr. Rick :

If you are typing it is not showing up on my screen. There may be a problem with the chat function.

Dr. Rick :

I am going to switch to Q&A, it is a little slower...but it should work. Do you want a retina specialist? If so, where do you live and how far do you want to travel?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
I'm here in the Q&A. Just type and send.....
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I responded that i did not know what was your answer..yes..i want a specialist in our area..that will check my son on a regular basis...


we live in SC and many qualified all medical fields..however..i do not know where to take my son for follow up..

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
You son can be followed by any ophthalmologist, however, if I was in your shoes I would want to find a retina specialist. Where do you live? If it is near a large city there should be some retina doc's've probably already found them in your search for a diagnosis/treatment options.

Do you know what subtype of RP your son has? How much vision does he still have? I am not really sure what you are looking for in a specialist to follow your son but we should be able to find someone.