Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

thank you for this oportunity... I am seaching for a specialized

Customer Question

thank you for this oportunity...? I am seaching for a specialized doctor for a member in my family who has RP.....He Has been to many doctors-however we need someone to check him regulary..for leakage..and general health...we understand there is no cure for this desiese..however..we need someone to keep a check on his progress..don't send us to another lowvision clinic...we have been this route...we need a doctor.....

We live in SC and have been to several clilnics outside of our state...please give some suggestion as to where we might go for a qualified physician. Your help is very much appreciated...PS I am running out of time. A mother of an RP son age 38..please give what advice you may have...Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I am a retina specialist.

Dr. Rick :

do you know what subtype of RP your son has?

Dr. Rick :

If you are typing it is not showing up on my screen. There may be a problem with the chat function.

Dr. Rick :

I am going to switch to Q&A, it is a little slower...but it should work. Do you want a retina specialist? If so, where do you live and how far do you want to travel?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I'm here in the Q&A. Just type and send.....
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I responded that i did not know what was meant...by your answer..yes..i want a specialist in our area..that will check my son on a regular basis...

we live in SC and many qualified centers..in all medical fields..however..i do not know where to take my son for follow up..

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
You son can be followed by any ophthalmologist, however, if I was in your shoes I would want to find a retina specialist. Where do you live? If it is near a large city there should be some retina doc's available....you've probably already found them in your search for a diagnosis/treatment options.

Do you know what subtype of RP your son has? How much vision does he still have? I am not really sure what you are looking for in a specialist to follow your son but we should be able to find someone.