Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

my daughters eye was a bit bloodshot this morning, I didnt

my daughter's eye was a bit bloodshot this morning, I didn't think much of it. Tonight she has what looks like a pimple on the white of her eyeball under the colored part of her eye....what is it

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

does you daughter complain of any discomfort?

Dr. Rick :

Can you take a picture of this "pimple" and load it onto your desktop? If so, you can upload it to me from this website:

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

To to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Dr. Rick :

hi

Customer :

I am not able to take a picture right now. I am sorry.....it just looks like a pimple that would be on one's face but off center to the her left below the eye color. blood shot in that same corner. Kind of looks like what a sty would but on the eyeball

Customer :

she says it hurts a little

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like a conjunctival cyst, kinda like a fluid filled ball on the eyeball. It could be that she had a reaction to something that caused the redness and swelling of the conjunctiva (chemosis) which formed that little "pimple" you have noticed.

Customer :

can she give this to others?

Customer :

and what do I do to take away her discomfort and cure it

Dr. Rick :

Most likely not. It doesn't sound like "pink eye' which is a viral infection. The best way to cure it is to use some cool compresses to make it feel better and let time take care of it.

Customer :

cool, not warm compresses?

Customer :

how does pink eye look different from this

Customer :

how long will this take to go away

Customer :

and how long should I wait for it to clear before taking her to our dr

Dr. Rick :

I would give it until Monday. It should be better by then, if not have an ophthalmologist take a peek at her. It may not be 100% gone by Monday, but it should be better....if you get what I mean.

Customer :

ok, so unless it gets worse I am not hurting her by waiting a few days?

Dr. Rick :

That is correct.

Customer :

no eye drops, or anything, just compress right

Customer :

?

Dr. Rick :

I have three daughters of my own....so I know how hard it is to wait.

Dr. Rick :

If she will let you put some natural tears in her eye a few times a day that might soothe her eye some.....but it is not worth a holdherdown battle :)

Customer :

well, this coming after a slammed finger in the door christmas eve left her finger broken and patient first missed it twice.....so you can see why I am wondering about this

Customer :

ok, no sty medicine or anything....good, she can't stand any meds, not even for fevers

Dr. Rick :

nope. No stye medicine. Just some Mommy TLC

Customer :

works for me, I'll hang till monday. redness should go down, and the bump should go down for the most part by then?

Dr. Rick :

Ya, you can't trust any of them stinking doctors nowadays ;) Unless, of course, they are retina specialists.....

Dr. Rick :

yup

Customer :

as long as I am not messing with her sight by waiting, I'll take the waiting

Customer :

lol dr's and I are not getting along right now.......

Customer :

I appreciate your time, I'll be accepting this right away

Customer :

as long as if school calls I can say she won't give it to anyone else

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a wonderful evening and weekend. Go Pack GO!

Dr. Rick :

you can quote me on that

Customer :

HA not a football fan, but love the reason to get pizza and wings anyway.....GO NASCAR :)

Customer :

thanks a bunch, enjoy your weekend

Dr. Rick :

truth.

Customer :

good night and thank you

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.