Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

THERE IS A WHITE CIRCLE AROUND THE BROWN CENTER OF MY EYE,

Customer Question

THERE IS A WHITE CIRCLE AROUND THE BROWN CENTER OF MY EYE, IS THIS A PROBLEM THAT IS DEVELOPING OR DOES IT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY SYSTEM (SUCH AS MY BLOOD) MY AGE IS 68 YEARS, AT PRESENT I WEAR GLASSES AND I HAVE THE LOSS OF MY LEFT EYE.(ACCIDENT) THE SIGHT OF THIS EYE IS FAIRLY GOOD, ABIT RED AT TIMES,AND I HAVE SEEN AN OPTHALMOLIGIST WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. WHATS WITH THE WHITE CIRCLE?
JOHN E.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. The white circle is deposition of cholesterol and lipids in the outer portion of the cornea. This is a very common sign seen in people as they age. It is usually nothing to worry about unless there is no sign of it on the other eye. If that is the case, then it may be the eye without this white ring may have poor blood flow to that eye.

But otherwise, it is usually nothing to worry about as far as the eyes are concerned, but it does suggest a possible increased cholesterol in the blood so if you don't have a medical history of high cholesterol, this is something you should get checked out.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you.

This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK YOU SINCERELY......................JOHN
You're welcome.