Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

My eyes have been tearing slightly but almost constantly for

Customer Question

My eyes have been tearing slightly but almost constantly for the past year, especially the left eye. It continues at night when I sleep and due to this the skin below my eyes at the outer corner stays red, irritated, sore, dry and peeling. I had a blepharoplasty about 15 years ago for hereditary bags under the eyes and the scars from the surgery extend out from the edge of the outer corners, in the same area that has the irritation. Over the years these scars seem to have drooped downward ever so slightly instead of following the crease line as they originally did and I'm wondering if this could be the cause of the persistent tearing and irritation? If so, would a surgical revision of the scars help with my problem?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 5 years ago.

Dr. James :