Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I was cutting metal and after I finish I pulled my safety

Customer Question

I was cutting metal and after I finish I pulled my safety glasses out and I feel something inside my eye. I was out and i do not feel enithing just litter bit of pain. I can see like small scratch on the bottom of the eye. An if I keep it open with my fingers i do not feel pain. What i need to do?

Thank you!

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Knowing how easy it is to get a piece of metal lodged in the eye and also knowing that it can lead to serious injury and/or infection I would recommend going to see an ophthalmologist because they are the ones who are best trained to handle this type of foreign body.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?
I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.
If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.
Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.