Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
A new question is answered every 9 seconds eyelid extend not quite up to the eye

I have a small scaly reddness around the top and outer part of my eyelid extend not quite up to the eye brow. It was slowly worsened over the last few weeks and itchs quite a bit. It is not painful and does not obstruct my eye or vision in any way. What should I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You may have a small area of an allergic reaction or, perhaps, psoriasis. I agree with your plan. Try over the counter 1% hydorcortazone cream 2x/day for 4 days and see if things improve. If they do improve.....good.

Dr. Rick :

If they don't improve, or seem to be getting worse, you may want to have an examination by your primary care MD. When you are using the cream use just a small amount and try not to get it in your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.