Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

just a fews months ago i asked you about my eye problem and

just a fews months ago i asked you about my eye problem and spoke to dr.rick. since then ive had more problems, seeing my consultant next week. now my eyes going red when touched, i can watch the veins turning a dark red and moving over my eye, it go`s down during the morning, then the eye feels very ruff on the lower inside lid.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Hi again.

Dr. Rick :

I have a full clinic today and surgery tomorrow. I may not be able to get back online for a while.

Dr. Rick :

Tell me, were you able to find an acupuncture person to help you? How are you feeling about the lens exchange? Did you manage to make it to Moorefields for an extensive eye consultation?

Dr. Rick :

Has anything we talked about trying helped?

Customer:

I didnt go to an acupuncturist as the pain went, now it just feels as i said, very ruff, maybe the eye surface, as the veins are coming up badly, I didnt go to moorfields as i have been with this doctor for nearly four years, and he`s only just found the reason for my eye problem, i couldnt go through all that again.

Customer:

I feel now as if i`m being a pain to my consultant (it is private) as I told him a while ago about whats happening now, about the veins, which is gettimg worse every day, and have had to wait three weeks to see him. I sure i`m not making a mountain from a mole hill, its very very uncomfortable, i cannot watch t.v. i also used to paint i cant anymore, or read....I just get this feeling his fed up, as been going so long....i maybe wrong.

Dr. Rick :

I would bet that your consultant is not upset with you for being concerned about your condition. I am glad that you will have a complete exam next week and that the pain has gotten better. It sounds like you are still having some type of tear film problem. The good news is that there are a number of treatments available for this condition.

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

To to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Dr. Rick :

Let me know what your consultant finds next week. Also, if you can get a picture of your dark veins and upload them to this page I'd be happy to have a look at it. Here is one way to upload pictures to me:

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
k
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just one more question (sorry) I can feel the surface of my eye every time i blink, would it be like that with dry eyes, to feel your eye surface?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Yes. That is a very common symptom with dry eyes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

never felt it b4....thank you

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure. Let me know if I can help in any other way. Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>I said I would get back to Dr.Rick about the appointment I had with my </p><p>eye consultant....well he checked them out yes they are very dry, he suggested,</p><p>lipiflow its a new treatment, i`m not sure as there is a consultation charge+ £500</p><p>per eye, and it last 9 months....even more confused to what to do now, consultant said the surface needs to be better before he can operate, but, this means the surface will still be bad after the op. Have you every heard of lipiflow?</p><p>tnx </p>
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I must admit that I had not heard of the lipiflow treatment system before you mentioned it. This treatment is not approved for use in the United States. I went to the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) website, as well as a number of sites on the net and did some research.

The folks who discussed learning about this treatment at the recent AAO meeting are mostly skeptical about the effectiveness of this gizmo for the amount of money they are charging for the treatments.
The websites that are associated with the company and those folks who have put out tens of thousands of dollars to buy the machine believe, of course, that this is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread.

After reviewing all the information I could find on this treatment, information that was notably lacking in hard facts and research data, I -- like my colleagues and the FDA -- am very skeptical that this (extremely expensive) treatment is worth it.

I would advise you to seek consul from an ophthalmologist who has not invested almost $80,000 in a new machine he has to use in order to make the monthly payments on his new toy. Meanwhile, continue the age old, tried and true, treatments we discussed previously.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for that, after the research I also did, I dont think I will take an appointment, even though my eye consultant seemed over the moon about it, now I have to tell him i`m not going to go. That want please him, never mind my choice. I`m using Lubristil 0.15% Sodium Hyaluronate, I found on the net, its from moorfields, does give some relief.

Once again tnx so much for that info

Christine

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
You will never go wrong with following the advice from the folks at Moorfields :)

Have a great day.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD