Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have been seeing a type of half circle in my right eye that

I have been seeing a type of half circle in my right eye that moves along with my eye movements. I don't know if it is just a floater or something more serious. It is worse in bright light.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Have you had any flashes of light?

Customer :

no, it looks like a half moon that keeps moving with my eye movements

Dr. Rick :

still there?

Customer :

yes

Dr. Rick :

Is it just in one eye (close one eye at a time to check) and how is your vision in the affected eye? Also, where in your visual field is this half moon located?

Customer :

it's just in one eye. my vision seems about the same.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Where in your visual field is this half moon circle thing located? Is it up, down, left, right, kinda coming across at an angle from one side or another, eth?

Dr. Rick :

etc?

Customer :

it's to the right, but moves when my eye moves. it also seems worse when I bend down.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you may have a retinal detachment in progress. I'm glad that your vision in that eye still seems the same at this point.

Dr. Rick :

It is very important that you be examined by an ophthalmologist ASAP, no later then this afternoon. You should bring someone to help drive, do not eat or drink anything on the way.

Customer :

thank you

Dr. Rick :

It could be something else, but better safe then sorry. If it is a retinal detachment and your macula (the important part of your retina) is not involved, it needs to be fixed right away.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Best of luck to you. Take care.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you.