Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

is there a retina specialist in puerto vallarta mexico who

is there a retina specialist in puerto vallarta mexico who can give me a shot of avstin in my eye when i'm going there in feb? I have a vein inclusion in my right eye. or any other near by towns?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

How far can you travel for treatment?

Customer :

we can drive a couple hours

Dr. Rick :

There is a retina specialist in Cabo San Lucus which should be about 10km from you

Dr. Rick :

would that work?

Customer :

no cabo san lucus is on the baja

Dr. Rick :

oh.....

Dr. Rick :

let me keep checking

Customer :

how about guadalajara

Dr. Rick :

can you give me more specific info on puerto vallarta mexico? My maps just pull up the town on the mainland

Dr. Rick :

this is the doctors address. On the map it is just inland from puerto vallarta:

Dr. Rick :

Fausto M. Lechuga-Ortiz, MD, MS
Ophthalmology
Blue Medical Net
Carr. Transpeninsular Km. 6.3
Col. Cabo Bello, Plaza del Rey # 5
Cabo San Lucas, 23410
Mexico
Phone: +52 (624) (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dr. Rick :

Is this near where you will be vacationing?

Customer :

Puerto Vallarta is about have way down on the pacific side

Dr. Rick :

Forgive me my ignorance....I failed Geography in 4th grade :(

Customer :

puerto vallarta is a nice place with alot of retired americans

Dr. Rick :

The town Google maps pulls up is on the mainland at the southern tip of the Gulf of California. Are we talking about the same town?

Customer :

yes

Dr. Rick :

I see cabo San Lucus on the map....on the tip of the baja. The cabo san lucus the retina doc is in not there but just inland a few km from puerto vallarta. Very confusing....

Customer :

south of mazatlan

Dr. Rick :

got it....puerto vallarta, about 435 Km south of mazatlan. Let me see what I can find for retina doc's ....

Customer :

thats it.

Dr. Rick :

still working.....

Customer :

right now i get a shot a couple times a year to help my vision, do not know if my eye will get out of wacked when i'm there

Dr. Rick :

Looks like this is the closest retina Doc. He's aboutXXXXXaway.

Dr. Rick :

Pablo Munoz, MD
Juan Manuel 857
Sector Hidalgo
Guadalajara, CP. 44200
Mexico
Phone: +52 (3) (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dr. Rick :

Hopefully since you have been doing fairly well since your vein occlusion and won't need to see him. I went through the entire list of ASCRS member retina doctors in Mexico.....

Customer :

do you know if he can do a shot of avstin, i think thats how you spell it

Dr. Rick :

My specialty intrerest is retina. If you want you can take me and my wife along just in case you need some avastin. If I have to lay on the beach to make sure you are OK, well, I guess that is part of being a caring physician, eh? ;o)

Customer :

do you know dr sippy in missoula mt

Dr. Rick :

he should be able to. If he doesn't have access to Avastin he could use Lucentis. I would expect that every ASCRS member doctor has some in his office in this day and age.

Dr. Rick :

No. I don't. There are not that many retina docs in the USA but there are still enough that we don't know everyone

Customer :

Thanks for the help.you should go to puerto vallarta sometime or better yet come to montana. I own a outfitting business called lewis & Clark trail adventures in Missoula Mt

Dr. Rick :

Montana sound like more fun then Mexico. Do you have a problem with prarie dogs out your way?

Customer :

no only grizzley bears and wolfs

Dr. Rick :

still sounds like a fun place. Have a great time in Mexico and thanks for getting me to brush up on my world geography

Customer :

Thanks again

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest