Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Every now and then, mainly in the mornings I end up with a

Every now and then, mainly in the mornings I end up with a problem of not seeing properly. I can have it badly as stumbling when walking or walking sideways when trying to go forwards. When I pick things up I may stumble forwards. I find going to sleep for a few hours sorts this problem out.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

When you say that you don't see correctly in the morning is it in both eyes? Have you tried closing one eye and then the other?

Dr. Rick :

Is you vision blurry or does it seem that your visual field is constricted?

JACUSTOMER-sstkalkl- :

I think it is in one eye I can see in a distance but struggle with balance and vision looking at close up things. It does not happen every day or even every week just here and there. I dont think its blurry maybe constricted I dont drink much and I dont do drugs.

Dr. Rick :

ok

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you may be having slight double vision....not enough to have two separate images but enough to make things little bit blurry and throw off your balance. Have you changed anything with your epilepsy meds recently?

Dr. Rick :

The other thing it could be is a tear film problem. This would tend to come and go...have good days and bad days. You could try using some natural tears 4-6x/day and cleaning your eyelids with baby shampoo in the shower. I know this sound nuts, but it really does work :)

Dr. Rick :

The best treatment for this condition daily lid scrubs combined with warm compresses. I like to use baby shampoo for lid scrubs. In the shower, place the shampoo on your index fingers, close your eyes, raise your eyebrows (to stretch the skin on you eyelids) and scrub back and forth along your eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils.

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

JACUSTOMER-sstkalkl- :

I have not changed meds recentley and I do have skin that flops down over my eye lids

Give the lid scrubs,natural tears and warm compresses a try and see if it helps. If not you might consider a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist to see what else may be going on.

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.