Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I just had a crystal lens implant surgery to my right eye 3

I just had a crystal lens implant surgery to my right eye 3 weeks ago. Though my vision is greatly improved, I am experiencing spatial disorientation resulting in significant side effects. I am nauseous, mildly dizzy, and having difficulty with my depth perception. This is all quite unsettling.

I am seeing my surgeon this week and want to be prepared to address these concerns, which are quite significant to me.

Do you know this to be normal for this procedure and will it persist. I know probably difficult to advise, except to bring up with my physician. I know I am not invested in this be a permanent condition.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

This is not normal after cataract surgery. My first, and foremost concern is that you are having difficulty with very high intraocular pressure.

Dr. Rick :

Are you at your computer?

Dr. Rick :

I would feel a lot better if you could contact whoever is oncall at your ophthalmologists office and be seen today to have your pressure checked. Given your nausea, dizziness and vision problems you should be seen right away.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
So. Were you able to see your surgeon or one of his associates? What did they find?