Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am really sorry for not getting back to you,anyway i have

I am really sorry for not getting back to you,anyway i have tried what you ask me to use but it does nothing.i even tried other eyes drops all fails to deliever and i am really sorry for not making my question clear to you my eyes always brown and irritated not red and i am really frustrated now i am tired of everybody asking me if i am smoking and i never smoke in my life i am really worried will appreciate your help to let my eyes white again as before.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is really nothing you can safely do to get rid of the color. It will, however wear off in a few days.

Dr. Rick :

I see you have asked this question twice now. There is no need to pay for both of them. Just hit the accept button on the previous question and, if you desire, let this one expire and/or ask for a refund.

Dr. Rick :

Of, course, if you want to pay me twice for the same topic I wouldn't want to deprive you of that joy ;o) In all truth though, once is enough......

Dr. Rick :

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Customer :

Thanks for giving me the oportunity to chat with you this has been happening to me for the past 4years now not just started and since then it has not change i tried several eyes drops and nothing has change?

Dr. Rick :

Did you say in the other question that you sprayed makeup foundation in your eyes or am I confusing you with someone else?

Customer :

Nope i said i also used optrex actimist eye spray it a new product from optex

Dr. Rick :

Oops.....my mistake, sorry.

Customer :

Yes i guess so cause this is the first time we are having a conversation

Dr. Rick :

Brown patches on your eye are most likely ocular melanosis. What is your natural skin tone?

Customer :

I dark in complexion

Dr. Rick :

as is black, or just kinda olive skinned/white

Customer :

Black

Dr. Rick :

Not sure how to ask this in a PC way ;o)

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well, brown areas on the conjuctiva, while the occur in all skin tones are more common in darkly toned folks like yourself. The biggest issue in their diagnosis is if they are pre-cancerous/melanoma's. In someone your age I would tend to lean to the NOT cancerous side.....

Dr. Rick :

No drop or medicine is going to change them or make them go away.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have a camera that you can upload the picture onto your computer? If so, I'd be happy to take a look at this area for you

Customer :

oh it not possible at the moment because my camera is not with me now

Dr. Rick :

ok. Well, then, I would suggest your have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist to better delineate what these areas are. If you are really concerned, they can be removed the minor surgery, although this may leave a scar that is just as cosmetically unacceptable.

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Customer :

sure but is there no medicine or drop that i can use to get rid of it?

Dr. Rick :

No. This is because the color is actually in the "meat" of the skin around your eye. No drop or surface treatment can affect it.

Customer :

but from my teen till my 20's my eyes are always white

Dr. Rick :

The only way to remove it is to cut the conjunctiva off your eyeball and, if it is a small spot, let it heal. If it is a slightly larger spot, suture it closed, and if it is a very large spot(s) replace the excised conjunctiva with a graft, either from under your upper eyelid or from a donor.

Dr. Rick :

The fact that things have changed is why I feel it's important for you to have a complete eye examination by an well trained ophthalmologist so as to figure out exactly what is going on.

Customer :

ok

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Have a safe and healthy 2011.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
k
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest