Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I put some lotion on my face this morning. I think some got

I put some lotion on my face this morning. I think some got into my eye. I was wearing contact lenses at the time, and unfortunately, I'm wearing them now. The problem is my vision is cloudy out of ths eye. The acuity is more or less fine, but I feel like things are through a filter making it seem foggy. The conjunctiva are basically fine and there's no pain. It really hasn't gotten better after about five or six hours. Should I be worried about something more serious?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

Are your contacts hard or soft? Disposable or not?

Dr. Rick :

Hello?

Customer :

soft, disposible, changed them earlier this week.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. The lotion has most likely bound to the matrix of the contacts. I do not believe that it will hurt your wearing it right now, but that contact is toast -- time to throw it out.

Customer :

when i took the contact lens out, it still seemed a little foggy, is that normal, too?

Dr. Rick :

That could happen as the lotion, which in in the contact matrix, will leach out slowly into your tear film....your vision could be blurry for a few hours after taking out this lens. It would help to use some natural tears or rewetting drops if you have them handy after throwing out the lens

Customer :

so nothing to worry about, really?

Dr. Rick :

Nope. Nothing serious to worry about......

Dr. Rick :

except for the cost of a new lens, that is :)

Customer :

thanks so much.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

k