Hello and thanks for your question. Please allow me to ask you a few questions:
1. Do you wear glasses and/or contact lenses and if so how long has it been since your last prescription?
2. Have you had any surgery, eye trauma, or any prior eye problems?
3. Is the vision blurry only without your glasses or contacts, or is it blurry even with them on?
4. is the blurry vision only at near or only at distance or is it both?
5. Is the blurry vision only associated with certain activities (reading, computer, TV or school)?
6. Why do you have a specific concern for your optic nerve? Have you had problems with it in the past?Z
Hi - and thank you! I apologize for not responding sooner. I had to log off last evening.
Question 1 - I do not wear glasses or contacts, never have. I am actually having my first ever official eye exam this coming Saturday.
2 - Nope, no injury or trauma to the eye/s, or prior troubles.
3 - Without, being that I don't wear either.
4 - Mostly more close up.
5 - I'd say reading/computer work. I can still completely make out letters and such, no matter how small, they just seem a hair unclear.
6 - No issues ever with the optic nerve, but I was just looking at information online (not always good to do, I know) but I wondered if the muscle issue I have is putting pressure on the nerve. My biggest fear is a brain or eye tumor.
What are your thoughts on this having to do with the tight muscle in my neck? Last evening I had my husband work the sore spot on my neck, and it made things less blurry when it felt relief. I should also clarify that the bluriness isn't major, but just noticable, and different for me.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!