Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi, I was toldto ask for DR Lang specificly by my friends.

I was toldto ask for DR Lang specificly by my friends.
I've been diagnosed with Macular degenaration about 5 years agoMy doctor moved and I went somplace else, last years the new DR thought I had glaucoma and sent me back to my old Dr, He reiterated that Ihad AMD and said we need to keep a eye onthis . He also gave me a sample and recomanded a product by Bausch & Lomb.
Since loosing my vision would be disastrous for me.Is there any measures Icantake to slow this down .... HELP
Thanks you , Madeleine

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat? I practice retina, and would be happy to help you. I do not believe that there is any ophthalmologist by that name on this site.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. It is important to check your central vision daily with the amsler grid your ophthalmologist gave you and promptly report any changes you might notice. Also, for dry ARMD, you should start taking a multi-vitamin that conforms to the AREDS study data. One brand name that is good is called Ocuvite Preservision. It is also important that you stop smoking if you do so....

Dr. Rick :

Here is a nice web page that reviews the available eye vitamins:

Dr. Rick :

I would also make sure that you are receiving all your eye care from an ophthalmologist at this point. If you are suffering from ARMD, which can destroy your central vision, and possibly have evidence of glaucoma, which affects your side vision first, you should not be, in my opinion, treated by an optometrist.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

k