Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

The part under my left eye is swollen and puffy and hurts to

The part under my left eye is swollen and puffy and hurts to touch
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Customer :

do you have a answer for me

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Are you available for chat?

Customer :

yes

Dr. James :

Great.

Dr. James :

Before we begin.

Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Do you understand those terms?

Customer :

Yes. this is my first time on here did you answer the question and I just can't find it

Dr. James :

No, I have not answered the question.

Customer :

ok

Dr. James :

First a few questions.

Customer :

ok

Dr. James :

When did this begin?
Is it puffy on the eyelid?
Do you have any eye pain? or change in vision?

Customer :

It began yesterday its not puffy on the eye lid and the is no pain in the eye

Dr. James :

Where is the swelling and puffiness exactly?

Customer :

under the eye maybe called the lower eye lid

Dr. James :

So it is swollen on the skin?

Customer :

yes it hurts to touch

Dr. James :

You may have a stye. A stye occurs when oil glands in your eyelids get blocked, very similar to a pimple. Treatment is to apply warm compresses to the area 3-4 times a day. This helps to soften the blocked oils and allows it to self drain.

Sometimes the stye can cause an infection that spread throughout the eyelid. In this case, antibiotics pills are needed. If you notice increasing swelling or pain, see your primary care doctor or ophthalmologist for a prescription.

Dr. James :

hello?

Customer :

I will try the compresses however i have do that with no help

Dr. James :

How long have you done the compresses?

Customer :

since last night and during the day today

Dr. James :

It usually takes a few days to take effect. I would give it some more time. If it's worsening, then you should see a doctor promptly.

Dr. James :

Do you have any other questions I can answer for you?

Customer :

No more questions. Thank You

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.

Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon