Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

need of urgent surgery due to bleeding behind the eye from diabetes

my sister lives in qld and is in need of urgent surgery due to bleeding behind the eye from diabetes. anyone know a specialist that can help there is apparently only one available and she is only in her early 20's. is it true that qld only has one specialist??
Hello and thanks for your question. Where is qld?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
in australia of course!! dont you watch oprah??
I must have missed the past few years' episodes :). If you'll give me a few minutes I'll comeback, hopefully, with the information you seek. Be right back.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok that would be great thanks. oprah just left australia and we love her downunder.lol .. qld stands for queensland

The following are just a couple of references of ophthalmologists who are retina specialists who perform surgery for this type of disorder.

Vision Retinal Institute

72-80 Marine Parade, Coolangatta QLD 4225, Australia
1800 738 462

Brisbane North Eye Center

http://www.bnec.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=30

I hope that's helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I'd be happy to address them.

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.