Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have had Bells 3 times. Over the years I went from having

Customer Question

I have had Bells 3 times. Over the years I went from having dry eyes to excessive fluid which has caused me to be miserable. I have had injection of botox in my eye ducts that has for the most part stopped the tearing this was done in Feb of 2010.
The biggest problem has always been my eyes always feel swollen. Heat or cold causes excessive tearing. Is there any treatment?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Customer :

yes

Dr. Rick :

hi

Dr. Rick :

the bells palsy could have affected your nerves such that you are now sensitive to changes in temp. This is a very difficult thing to treat. At this point, are you eyelids working well and in good anatomical postition?

Customer :

I had surgery on my lid in Dec 2010 but that isn't the problem

Customer :

r u there

Dr. Rick :

ok....just making sure

Dr. Rick :

yes.

Dr. Rick :

still there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer. If you are in the Midwest, the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Mn has an excellent neurology department that is involved in many cutting edge research projects. If you are on the West Coast, the same is true of the University of California either in San Francisco or LA. On the East Coast, Cornell University in New York is a good choice, as is Emery University in Atlanta.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

k

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Have a wonderful 2011!