Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

i have something weird going on with my eyes when i close them

Customer Question

i have something weird going on with my eyes when i close them at night they feel like there getting pulled back especially the left eye, its really hard to explain, when i try to open them again its hard it hurts and last night i ran to bathroom to see what it looks like and my eyes where half closed like stuck and i was blinking almost in slow motion, i have MS and have had alot of problems with optic nuritis but im trying to find anything like what ive explained and it dosnt seem to be anywhere. any suggestions would be great please
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Customer :

are you there

Dr. Rick :

yes

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat now? It is currently 5:30 pm here....

Dr. Rick :

What medications are your currently taking and, other then the MS, do you have any medical problems?

Dr. Rick :

That was strange....the entire post just copied itself and posted again -- must be gremlins in the machine again.

Customer :

hi sorry i thought you wernt there so i went and washed my car

Customer :

no medications except panadiene forte

Customer :

its only 11.34am here so im guessing you might have finished for the day

Customer :

your back :)

Dr. Rick :

yup....I'm home, just finished dinner. Let's get to this issue of yours, shall we?

Customer :

ok

Customer :

it dosnt seem to be an MS problemm from what ive been reading

Dr. Rick :

As you know MS is known as the great impersonator when it comes to medial symptoms and, even though your research has not shown eyelid pulling/heavness and ptosis to be related to MS, I have seen lots of weird ocular issues from this disease.

Dr. Rick :

That being said, what else could it be....don't you hate it when every doctor blames every complaint you have on your MS?

Customer :

yes i do

Customer :

just odd because completly fine during the day

Customer :

so i should just wait to see my neorologist and explain it to him

Dr. Rick :

It it possible that you could have a vascular abnormality in the orbit that is position dependent, but this would be rare. Other possible causes would be an aneurysm at the circle of willis deep in your brain -- once again unlikely in someone 34 yrs old and otherwise healthy

Customer :

ok thankyou for your help

Dr. Rick :

I think, if you have a chance, it would be worthwhile seeing an ophthalmologist for a full eye exam. He could test your eyelid function and positoin

Customer :

i dont feel completly weird now that i coulnt find any of the same symptoms on google

Dr. Rick :

If nothing shows there then ask your neurologist.

Customer :

i will do that

Dr. Rick :

Don't feel weird. Google only covers the common stuff.....

Customer :

ok thankyou

Customer :

now im new to this how do you get paid do i just press accept

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. I'm glad we finally got our time zones to overlap :o)

Customer :

lol me too

Dr. Rick :

just mash that pretty green button ;o)

Dr. Rick :

Best of luck to you.

Customer :

tyty you have a great evening

Dr. Rick :

you too. I hope to visit your country some day....I'd love to see the southern cross

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest