Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

my sons eyes hurt_ very painful in one eye. acute today. but he often complains

my sons eyes hurt_ very painful in one eye. acute today. but he often complains about painful eyes. first time i give anything because he woke up in the middle of the night and came into our room complaining of the pain. temp: 38.1. he says his tummy hurts too.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are his eyes red or irritated at all? Is it both eyes?

JACUSTOMER-2hshyza2- :

no eyes not irritated, nor red. now it is both eyes. although the avdil seems to be making him feel better. neither my hubby nor i have had eye issues so i am not familiar with what could be serious. he often complains about his eyes hurting- he was staring at the sun often and having spots in his vision until he told me he liked to do that and i told him to stop. kids stuff.

JACUSTOMER-2hshyza2- :

today's issue is really that the eye pain woke him up. should i go toan eye doctor or the gP? or will this just pass like a headache?

JACUSTOMER-2hshyza2- :

is someone going to answer me? thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Sorry I'm in Central time, Northern Wisconsin and went back to bed after asking for more information.....

Dr. Rick :

The possible causes of eye pain that wakes up an otherwise healthy 8 year old boy, whose eyes are not red or irritated include things such as intermittent angle closure glaucoma, sinus problems, orbital and intraocular growths.....the list is large and very diverse.

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest that he been seen by and ophthalmologist, preferrably a pediatric ophthalmologist, in the very near future. I do not believe that seeing a GP will be of much help.

Dr. Rick :

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season.