Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

hi, 3 days ago i hurt my back working out. yestuurday morning

hi, 3 days ago i hurt my back working out. yestuurday morning i was looking up stuff on line about back issues and my vision got blurry and the computer lines ran together a bit so i looked up i then looked up blirry vision and found stuff about tma or simi strokes so i worryed that that is what happend. i could still read the computer it just got blirry so i looked away from the computer and tried to see if anything else was blurry . i could read pieces of paper up close and see things just words that were not up close i could not see right like they were out of focus they were things i could normalty see fine i was stareing at a white computer screen with black writing could this just be from looking at the screen for a hr mixed with anxiety? i got dressed went out side to walk to the mail box and still things that were far away seemed a little blirry i could still read big words see cars in parking lot i could read license plates of cars near by but the ones a few cars down were blurry i could see ppl walking ect and i did not feel quite right i dont think i was dizzy but i was worried i could get dizzy so i went back inside and looked up more stuff about semi strokes .my musles worked fine becuase i was able to get dressed in a hurry jacket on get keys etc. i dont know if my speach was ok or not cause i am alone so i did not talk, no one here to talk to. i have been having alot of anxiety issues lately because my husband is away on business and my gramma just died. i then looked up blirry vision and found stuff about tma or simi strokes so i worryed that that is what happend .although i could walk fine eat ( i had a pop tart) get dressed look up stuff online. im 29 could i have had a simi stroke or does it just sound like a panic attack to you ? today when i woke up my vision was blurry but got better once i fully woke up and was fine till i went to the grocery store and i was looking around to see if my vision was ok and then far away things got blirry agin when i calmed down and got up and went shopping it went back to normal.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I was thinking that in addition to the therapy I suggested before that you might benefit from treating any possible blepharitis.

Blepharitis is a condition where glands in the eyelids are not functioning normally. They become plugged and instead of putting out their normal clear, oily secretions, they put out thick, toothpaste like gunk.

The best treatment for this condition daily lid scrubs combined with warm compresses. I like to use baby shampoo for lid scrubs. In the shower, place the shampoo on your index fingers, close your eyes, raise your eyebrows (to stretch the skin on you eyelids) and scrub back and forth along your eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils.

Should your symptoms get worse, your vision become significantly affected or things just not get better in 3 weeks or so you should have a complete eye examination by your local ophthalmologist to look for other, less common, causes of your symptom

You might also want to talk to your primary care MD to see if she could prescribe anything else to help with your anxiety while you go through these difficult times following the death of your grandmother.

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.