Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

At 40 yrs old, i am experiencing dry eye due..eye contact

Customer Question

At 40 yrs old, i am experiencing dry eye due to wearing contact; i have an interest in lisar treatment; how much does it cost, don't make much money and the nearnest town is Flagstaff, Az 86001 Please help, I tried of experiencing the eye contact.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. Many contact lens wearers such as yourself are interested in LASIK to be able to get out of the contact lenses. LASIK surgery, depending on what surgeon you go to, can cost anywhere from approximately $1000 to several thousand per eye, so it is not for the financially faint of heart. Here are a couple of LASIK surgeons in Flagstaff, AZ you can contact:

However, I think it is important to know that if you are having dry eyes with contact lenses, this dry eye problem can also make it difficult to have a successful outcome with LASIK surgery, and often times can get worse with the surgery. It would be important to have a thorough evaluation with a refractive surgeon who would address this issue to make sure you are an appropriate candidate, and if you are, to make sure this was thoroughly and appropriately treated prior to the surgery.

Does that make sense and does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions by pressing the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows the funds that the JustAnswer website has collected from you in the form of a deposit to be released and allotted to me in return for helping you with your question.

I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.