Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Are there any eye surgeons who perform cataract surgery in

Are there any eye surgeons who perform cataract surgery in the chicago area who will discount their fees to less than $2,000( including outcare faclities and anathesiologist) for someone with out insurance for the cataract surgery?

Dr. Rick :

That is a good question. I can ask a few that I know and get back to you if you wish. Do you have any medical problems or take any meds? Can you lay on your back, under a sterile drape with your neck slightly extended without difficulty for about 20 minutes?

Dr. Rick :

are you willing to pay upfront in cash?

Dr. Rick :

Let me know, and I'll ask some docs who have their own surgery centers if they can help you. You will never get a hospital to cut you any breaks......

Dr. Rick :

also, are you willing to pay a small fee for the few post op visits you will require, understanding that if there are complications during or after surgery it would cost more?

Dr. Rick :

Also, how far from the center of Chicago are you willing to travel? I know an cataract surgeon in Elgin and a few closer to the city....

JACUSTOMER-qrqrn6u4- :

I have high blood pressure and also take metropalol for irregular heart pvc's. the medication has been fine since I started taking in april of this year.

JACUSTOMER-qrqrn6u4- :

Yes I can lay on my back, I also take ativan 2mg twice a day, I can pay upfront, fess afterwards ok, how much?

JACUSTOMER-qrqrn6u4- :

25 miles or so is fine, elgin is good

JACUSTOMER-qrqrn6u4- :

also I would want an mild anasthetic like versedt (sp)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

will I hear back with some referrals in the next day or so?? No additinal charge ? I am a bit confussed

Thanks, Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks, Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will I hear bac soon wilth some definite referalls?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please get back to me
yes. I will make calls this afternoon and post the results here for you....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you
Well, I've called most of my friends and the $2,000 fee is low. I had "all inclusive" quotes from as high as $4,500 to the a low of $3,700........until I called a group that my friend in Elgin told me about.

The Gerstein Eye Institute, at 3042 W. Peterson Ave (just east of Lincoln) in Chicago can offer you a complete package, surgery, operating room, anesthesia, intraocular lens, all surgical equipment, operating room nurses, and post op care for $2,700 total.

You would have to pay about $175 for a complete exam up front, but this would be applied in full to the above price for the surgery should you elect to proceed.

Also, they offer "Credit Care" which is interest free financing for 12 to 18 months for the entire surgical bill. Heck I don't even do that in my practice!

You can talk to their nurse, Kathy, at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor more information. Tell Kathy you are the person that the retina doctor called about.

Here is a link to their web page:

http://gersteineye1.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=755878&cid=671598&tc=10120711041158208&rl_key=7783a22baac9b055dd6b15a4cc5c8c42&kw=330564&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=gersteineye1.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http%253A%252F%252Fsearch.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%253Ffr%253Dyhs-avg%2526type%253Dyahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_us%2526p%253Dcataract%252Bsurgeons%252Bchicago%252Bil

This is by far the best deal you are going to find. I wish you good luck. Have a Happy Holiday Season

Let me know how things turn out. You can leave a message for me on this site at no additional charge.

Take care.
I understand you are scheduled for cataract surgery. Best of luck of luck to you.