Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

whyat would couse my daughterd eyes to open wide unvoluntary when light shines in them...e

Customer Question

whyat would couse my daughterd eyes to open wide unvoluntary when light shines in them...example a flash light
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

Does you daughter have any medical problems? Does she do this all the time? Make happy noises etc or just opens her eyes wide and stares at the light? Does she seem to have normal visual function in all other respects as far as you can tell?

JACUSTOMER-xgrkw8i4- :

no medical problem....just snoticed for first time Sat......not all the time....no she is not staring..its just a reaction...yes vision seems normal...can see close ans ditances...not sure what you mean by happ noises

JACUSTOMER-xgrkw8i4- :

do i wait for you to anwser again

Dr. Rick :

We can chat back and forth and work on your question.

Dr. Rick :

Thanks for the new information. If your daughter seems to have normal visual function and is otherwise healthy, I do not believe this action on her part is anything to be concerned about. If you are worried, however, the best thing to do is have her evaluated by a pediatric ophthalmologist. A complete eye exam will rule out the vast majority of any problems that might exist.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
l