Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have had RK on both eyes 2 times when I was 18. Now my corneas

I have had RK on both eyes 2 times when I was 18. Now my cornea's are unstable to the point of feeling bumpy when I blink and I also have veins growing into the areas where my cornea's were sliced. Is there anything I can do to make this go away or get better ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I will be happy to help you today.

Dr. Rick :

How is your vision?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

The most extreme treatment would consist of a corneal transplant. Depending upon your corneal roughness, blood vessel ingrowth, corneal thickness and visual acuity phototherapeutic keratectomy may be an option.

Dr. Rick :

Your best bet for treatment options is to have a complete examination by a fellowship trained cornea specialist.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I can chat

around 20/30 20/40
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
As I said above, there are options but the only way to really know which ones are best for your specific condition is to see a cornea specialist.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I'm here now if you need me. Thanks for the accept on the warfarin question.