Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

her eye lid..Our country does not have a childrens cat scan to asses

Customer Question

My two year old grandaughter has a growth on her eye lid it is suspected to be a turmour from the local pediatrition. Our country does not have a childrens cat scan to asses the situaton. what are some of the questions I can ask to have her seen as it appears the growth is enlarging. Is it suggested that we allow her to be seen by a US Specialist
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you tonight.

Dr. Rick :

Is it possible for you to take a picture, place it on your computer and upload it here for me to look at?

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Has an ophthalmologist seen the child? Has the growth been present since birth? Does she have any other medical problems or growth issues? Are there any "skin tags" on her ears? What lid is it on? Is it blocking her vision?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any more information as requested above? How about uploading a picture of her eye as outlined above?