Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

one pupil, left eye is suddenly constricted. i can see withe

one pupil, left eye is suddenly constricted. i can see withe the eye although eyesight is strange, and movement of ey feels off. what can this be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Do you use any eye drop? any recent eye irritation, injury or rubbing of eyes?

Any problem with either eye in the past?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no, no, no

no eye problems, accept for slow dialation in the dark, takes a few minutes before i can see in the dark.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much:

Sudden constriction of left eye with no significant change in vision can be normal. Considering that you have uneven reaction of the pupil to light/night stimulation and focusing difficulty for few minutes in the dark, I would suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation under the slit-lamp, along with a complete neuro-ophthalmologic and dilated exam.

In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter preservative free tear drop such Genteal tears or Refresh plus 4 times daily. In general, unintentional eye rubbing or irritation can briefly affect the sensitivity of the iris nerves, and hence size of pupil ti light effect. However, slow re-adaptation (accommodation) in the dark can be due to aging iris or early eye lens changes, both of which are not harmful, but should be closely evaluated by your eye doctor.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.