Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Is there a cure for those that are allergic to make up?

Hello and thanks for your question. Unfortunately, as with most allergies, there is not a complete and total cure for them. The best measures that can be taken to treat them are using oral antihistamines (claritin or zyrtec are good over-the-counter brands), a leukotriene-inhibitor like Singulair, nasal and/or inhaled steroids as needed. Additionally, it may be necessary to have allergy injections to control the overall body response to any environmental allergens you are allergic to.

Doing all of these measures to control the body's overally response to allergens may help you to get back to using non-hypoallergenic make-ups, but otherwise, there isn't anything else that will cure this.

Does that make sense? Do you have any other questions?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions by pressing the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows the funds that the JustAnswer website has collected from you in the form of a deposit to be released and allotted to me in return for helping you with your question.

I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information and time you have done. One small question though. Other than medication and injections are their any other options?

No. Unfortunately, other than medications which help blunt the body's immune response and the injections, there does not appear to be any hope of curing this at this time. Sorry.

Do you have any other questions or concerns I can help you with?