Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

HelloI went to opticians and they have found two lesions

I went to opticians and they have found two lesions and some haemorraging on my eye. The eye in question aches a lot and recently I have found closing it more comfortable than having it open. I also read with it closed. Sometimes I get a sharp pain in the eye and occasionally the white part goes completely red.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

If the optician found an unknown lesion in your eye with associated areas of bleeding you need to get in to see an ophthalmologist ASAP. Two months is not reasonable.....

I know that in the UK can be difficult to get the specialized care you would like, however in this case I would make every effort to encourage your GP to get you in for a complete eye exam with any ophthalmologist in the very shortest time possible. If there is an 8 week wait for the folks at Moorfields, find someone else.

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dr. Rick
Thank you for the information and the quick reply. I messed up with the techie stuff and meant to tell you that I have no problems with blood pressure as this was a question I was asked.
Could this problem be something serious?
Thanks for the update on the blood pressure. No problem there.

Anytime there is bleeding in the back of the eye, with or without some type of unknown lesion, it can be serious. The best thing that can happen in your case is that the optician has no idea of what a variation of normal looks like and they are way off base.

In any event, I would not bet my vision on this and suggest you quickly have an examination by someone well trained in eye care, such as an ophthalmologist.

Let me know how things turn out.