Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

is there anything i can do for chareles bonnet syndrome and

is there anything i can do for chareles bonnet syndrome and the jack in the box syndromearethere any heading titles you could send me to my mom is very old i need to teach her her how to cope and the only thing i found was you see faries and elves is this and eye problem why doesnt any body know please send me a few hints
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

Does you mom have any other medical problems or take any medicine?

Customer :

thombitis -heart problems-kidney deasee-and diabetes-warfarin-allopurinol januvia atenolol-aricpt-pravastation-klorcon-cymbalta-lasix

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Are you there?

Dr. Rick :

I think something is wrong with the chat as it say's you have been typing for quite some time now and nothing has been posted. We can use the Q&A system to work on your question.

Customer :

also mom had a slipped retna twice- glocoma and cateracts

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my pc is telling that you are getting my letter what can i do
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
There is no treatment for Charles Bonet syndrome or Jack in the Box syndrome from an ophthalmolological point of view. Some sources have had some success with the use of antidepressants in the SSRI class.

The best treatment seems to be for the patient to understand that what they are seeing is not real and not to be bothered by it. This may be more difficult in your mothers case due to her advanced age. In the majority of cases the visual hallucinations resolve themselves after about a year or so.

I'm sorry about the problems with our chat system and the delay in getting back to you because of that. Let me know if I can do anything else to help you.

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I'm still here if you want to "chat" more using this system...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
we have not experience jack in the box yet could could you give me a few hints as to what it is i cant find on the internet
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
That is where things "pop in and out" in the edges of her vision. It is another variant of CBS. It also was common many years ago when people had to wear those "coke bottle bottom" thick glasses after having cataracts removed. Those thick, plus powered, glasses made things in the side vision suddenly appear as if out of nowhere....

I hope that was helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
she does wear coke bottle glasses thank you so much i dont want her to be scared when or if it happrns
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Ok. I wish you and your Mother the best. Take care
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest