Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Hi,I have developed distinct irritation in my right eye on

Hi, I have developed distinct irritation in my right eye on the inner side. Upon closer self examination I have discovered a clear circular bump which I believe is the cause. What should I do?? Richard.
Hello and thanks for your question.

It sounds like what you are describing is a conjunctival cyst, which is a sac of the thin, transparent tissue that overlies the whites of the eye that is filled with fluid. These are quite common to get and as a rule generally resolve spontaneously, although how quickly they resolve is very individual. I would recommend starting to use artificial tears in that eye 3-4x/day to help the irritation. Also using warm compresses on the eye once or twice daily, massaging the closed eye with the compress can also help the eye feel better.

Does that make sense and does that help address your concerns?

Great question. Thanks for your inquiry. Good luck and I'd be happy to help in the future should you need it.
I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.