Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have a cloudy haze in my right eye and if I put any pressure

I have a cloudy haze in the vision in my right eye and if I put any pressure on it like rubbing it is painful, It is getting worse over the past week, I went to the urgent care last weds. and they diagnosed vertigo and prescribed antihistamines, it is not getting better and does not seem like vertigo, what should I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

Your symptoms could be consistent with a problem with the cornea and/or tear film such as dry eye, corneal inflammation or infection, inflammation behind the cornea, or increased pressure in the eye. Unfortunately, there is not much you can really do for your symptoms outside of using artificial tears, cool compresses and ibuprofen. What I would suggest is making an appointment to see an ophthalmologist to determine what the reason for your symptoms is--any of these would need treatment by the eye doctor.

Does this make sense and does this help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.