Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

one recent episode of total vision, both eyes..temporal lobe epilepsy

Had one recent episode of total vision, both eyes. Everything appeared snowy white and could not distinguish colors or images. I am 60 yr old male, wity a 38 yr history of temporal lobe epilepsy. 13 yrs ago had right temporal lobectomy, hippocampectomy and amygdalectomy.
Have also been diagnosed with several contradictory rheumatoid conditions. finished treatment for squamous cell, oral.

Hello and thanks for your question.

Bilateral, simultaneous vision loss indicates a problem with the circulation to the posterior (back) portion of the brain and the brain stem. My recommendation would be to see your primary care doctor and report these symptoms because you will likely need some radiologic imaging tests to detect problems in the blood vessels that supply blood to this part of the brain. Abnormalities in these blood vessels can be life-threatening at the worst.

Does this make sense and does this help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.