Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My left eye felt like something was in it today....I noticed

My left eye felt like something was in it today....I noticed it was very tender when I rubbed it. About an hour or 2 later, my right eye started felling the same. Now, both eyes painful, itching, feels like fuzzies floating around in my eye but I can't see anything. When I was looking for debris, I noticed that the inside of my lower eyelids both look like they are bleeding---blood red. I'm going on 7+ hours now.....
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it more of pain or rather discomfort in both the eyes now?

Customer:

Its a discomfort....pain when I apply pressure

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Apart from redness in both eyes , have noticed any watering or discharge in the eyes?

Customer:

A bit of watering, small discharge, but not like when I have hayfever

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Have you rubbed your eyes a lot since then? any severe itching ?

Customer:

I rubbed them some, but rubbing is painful, so not too much. They itch a little, which makes me want to rub them....

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It could be allergic conjunctivitis since you mentioned little watering, some discharge apart from itching. I did think of a viral conjunctivitis but then the watering is more intense here( but is self limiting). For allergic conjunctivitis you can start with over the counter Alaway/Zaditor eye drops , 1 drop twice a day for 2 weeks and stop. If you experience any worsening of redness, watering, puffiness of eyes then you can stop these eye drops as it could be more of a viral conjunctivitis ( being self limiting does not require any treatment). In the even of appearance of new symptoms like whitish eye discharge also, you may need to visit your ophthalmologist for start of anitbiotic eye drops .

Customer:

Thank you!

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank and best wishes. If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist