Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i had a trabulectomy about 6 months ago. after procedure my

i had a trabulectomy about 6 months ago. after procedure my md said i ahad stroke in righteye my vision in right eye is cloudy upon the otomap procedure my md said there is aspot that doesnot not regenerate. are there other procedures that can fix this my md said no. sincerely XXXXX XXXXX wexler r.ph.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I see you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to address your question.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry to report that your ophthalmologist is correct. Once you have a "stroke" in your eye -- vascular damage that involves the retina, especially the area of the retina called the macula -- there is nothing (currently) that can be done to repair the damage or restore the lost vision.

You might have read about a computer chip that has been implanted in a blind person. This gives the ability to see light from dark, but it is in the very early stages of development and is not anything that provides useful vision.

I hope this answers your question.

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.