Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I went on a rollercoaster the first time yesterday, today I

I went on a rollercoaster the first time yesterday, today I have sore shoulders and arms but what bothers me is my pain in my right eye

Thank you for answering if it helps it was my birthday and last night a few hours after we left the park I went out celebrating, had a couple of Tequila double shots. I say this because I don't get drunk I just get tired so maybe it's just affects of that I'm not sure. I think the shoulder and arm pains are just from where I was gripping onto the grips of the harness. These pains aren't constant and are almost gone.

If it helps this was Thorpe Park.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you.

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. Rick :

Tell me more about the eye. Has your vision been affected? What kind of pain is it? Do you wear contacts?

Customer:

I hope my internet doesn't cut off like it has been

Customer:

I wear glasses but took them off during the coasters in case they fell off

Dr. Rick :

In order to understand Thorpe park you will have to fly me out from Wisconsin so I can best understand the stresses you were put under on the rollercoaster :o)

Customer:

I can see it's just like a little pain like I have something in the corner of my eye

Customer:

Thorpe Park is in England ,lol

Customer:

Saw- The Ride

Customer:

lol

Dr. Rick :

How does it feel now as compared to last night?

Customer:

Last night towards the end I was tired but it was eleven

Dr. Rick :

Isn't it kinda late on your side of the world right now?

Customer:

21:32

Dr. Rick :

16:32 here

Dr. Rick :

Ok, back to the eye.

Customer:

The pain wasn't there last night

Customer:

Lol, I don't mind a chat too haha

Dr. Rick :

is it red?

Customer:

100 foot vertical free fall drop

Customer:

er

Customer:

nope

Dr. Rick :

do you have access to a camera that can load a picture of your eye onto your computer desktop? If so I can tell you how to upload it to this site

Customer:

sure just a second

Customer:

I have an Iphone

Customer:

: )

Dr. Rick :

sounds awsome! My kids and I love rollercoasters

Dr. Rick :

do you have the cable to the computer?

Customer:

I was holding on for dear life so I guess thats why my arms and shoulders hurt

Customer:

I know how to upload to tinypic

Dr. Rick :

you are a genius..... :)

Customer:

lol

Dr. Rick :

just cut and past from the forth box on the upload your picture link...the others don't seem to work that well.

Customer:

yeah lol

Customer:

its a tad blurry

Dr. Rick :

the one that says "direct link for layouts"

Dr. Rick :

try not holding it so close

Dr. Rick :

I can magnify on this side

Customer:

just a tick : )

Customer:

I have a picture of what it looks like normally if that helps

Dr. Rick :

ok...and one of what it looks like now if possible.

Dr. Rick :

If this doesn't work you could just mail your iphone to me and I'll take care of it LOL

Customer:

lol

Customer:

http://i52.tinypic.com/292mauf.jpg

Customer:

that is now

Dr. Rick :

k. Let me check it out brb

Dr. Rick :

Ya, pretty blurry.....

Customer:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2udxqh0.jpg

Customer:

that is normally

Customer:

too blurry?

Dr. Rick :

ya....is there anyone there to help you

Dr. Rick :

don't need another one of normally, just now....

Customer:

it's ok i just took a non-blurry one

Dr. Rick :

The one with both eyes is good. I can blow it up and see things just fine.

Dr. Rick :

k

Customer:

now you mention it is is a bit red...just a sec

Dr. Rick :

k

Customer:

http://i55.tinypic.com/sys7iv.jpg

Dr. Rick :

got the link. brb

Customer:

k

Dr. Rick :

That is a better picture and does show the redness more.

Customer:

yeah

Dr. Rick :

After seeing the pictures and talking to you I think you are going to be OK. I would go to the pharmacy (or whatever you call them on your side of the pond ;) ) and get some natural tears. Use them 4 to 6 times a day for a few days.

Customer:

will I have to use them everytime I go to the theme park?

Dr. Rick :

Now, should things get worse or your get more concerned have an ophthalmologist take a look at you in person.

Dr. Rick :

Also, perhaps you should switch to Jack Daniels from Tequila rothflmao!!

Dr. Rick :

Learned that one from my youngest daughter.....

Dr. Rick :

I hope this has been helpful to you. It's been a pleasure chatting with you.

Dr. Rick :

Now, for a few words from our sponsors:

Dr. Rick :

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Looks like your internet connection has messed up again. No problem. Let me know if I can help you anymore....

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

Sorry my internet did indeed play up

Customer:

Like I say I rarely drink

Customer:

Welcome back

Customer:

!

Dr. Rick :

Thought so...I was just giving you grief :)

Customer:

Lol, I know.

Dr. Rick :

My youngest daughter is 23...so I'm used to giving ladies your age a hard time...

Customer:

So yeah, I will let you know what happens...I hope I don't have some kind of psychological phobia of rollercoaster now...especially since I have brough an annual pass

Customer:

brought

Dr. Rick :

If you do, just mail the pass to me and I'll make sure it doesn't go to waste....

Customer:

the muscles in my arms and shoulders just side affects I'm guessing

Customer:

lol

Customer:

it's two passes for the price of one

Dr. Rick :

actually, now that I think about it more, it is prob. dangerous for your eye to go on any more rollercoaster rides....you best ship that pass right over. LOL

Customer:

Lol, extra birthday present I guess

Dr. Rick :

Have a great time. It's been fun chatting with you. Now. Do you see that really pretty green button? I know you want to push it.....go ahead. It won't hurt you. rothflmao!

Dr. Rick :

Have a great evening and let me know if I can help you again in the future.

Customer:

Lol, so the pain in my shoulders and arms will go then? and I'm quite alright to go back in march?

Dr. Rick :

yup. Your young and should heal quickly.....

Dr. Rick :

have fun

Customer:

Ok then, thanks for answering. Oh, one more thing. My boyrfriend didn't even give me a happy birthday text, should I dump him? lol

Dr. Rick :

Can you hear the button? "Please push me...I'm sooo lonely...." Poor green button...

Dr. Rick :

:o)

Customer:

Lol, answer me that and I will

Customer:

: )

Dr. Rick :

bye.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest