Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Hi,I have had my eyes checked for health and sight last week

I have had my eyes checked for health and sight last week and all is fine except I could get glasses to make my vision clearer but this is optional. I have a sore eye socket (near the nose) and a heavy eyelid which feels slightly irrated. No pain but it is annoying. I have a few black floaters when looking at a white sky and computer screen. I am currently using antibiotic drops (1 day) and they have not helped.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

These symptoms could be an early nasolacrimal duct infection or a skin infection. It could also represent an early stye. If there is redness and swelling in that area but not focally swollen (no bump forming) then it may be an early nasolacrimal (tear duct) infection. In this case i would continue to use the antibiotic drop and cool compresses. If this is accompanied by fevers, redness of the eye and/or eye pain, this may represent a skin infection. Cool compresses and continuing the eye drops would be important For this too but it would additionally need oral antibiotics.

I would start by using cool compresses, ibuprofen and the eye drops. If it does not improve then your eye doctor may need to take a second look at this.

Does thus make sense and does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.
Did that make sense and do you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My eye looks normal, just a litte bloodshot. I have had this for two weeks and took antibiotics for a sinus infection. No fever or eye pain as such.
With a prior sinus infection this may very well be a tear duct infection. I would continue the antibiotic drops as directed by your eye doctor, but them you may consider using some Afrin nasal spray as directed on the box for three days on and three days off. When the sinuses and nasal passages are congested from the inflammation of the sinus infection it can cause the tear drainage to become blocked and cause an infection.

Does that make sense?