Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Why if I wear some type of lenses my eyes hurt I have like

Customer Question

Why if I wear some type of lenses my eyes hurt I have like eye strain, they water my eyes feel like they are contracting ,they feel sore and then I have to stop wearing them, Then do I need varilux high index lenses if my priscription is OD+1.00 and OS+1.00
and cylinder is +0.50 Axis is 170

=
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Rick :

The high index lenses just make the actual glass/plastic lens thinner then they would be if they were made out of "regular' index lenses....and for that small of a Rx, in my opinion I would not waste the extra money on high index

Dr. Rick :

do you use this rx for distance? If so, is your near Rx a progressive to a maximum of +2.50?

Customer:

My near priscription is +2.50

Dr. Rick :

Also, how long have you had the new glasses? You said the prescription power has not changed...if this is so there may be a problem with the lens power used (wrong), the pantoscopic tilt may be off, centered wrong etc.....

Customer:

I am aware that something is wrong because I did have problema but I am not sure if it is me or the priscription was not done properly

Customer:

I had the new glasses for one week trying to see if they would adjust but instead I had to return them

Dr. Rick :

I would bet that the problem is with the glasses, either in the fit, the centering in the frame, the lens power etc......and not with you. You should take them back to the person who made them. They should be willing to figure it out, replace them for free or refund your money. And they should do this with a smile on their face.

Dr. Rick :

Sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks to adjust to new glasses, but this would be in a pair where the axis of astigmatism changed a lot or there was a significant change in distance power....which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Customer:

Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. I will find a more expert place to fit my glasses

Customer:

Thank you very much.

Dr. Rick :

Mistakes happen all the time with glasses....heck, I've even made a few myself in 20 years :o)

Customer:

Bye now.

Dr. Rick :

It was a pleasure to help you. Best of luck with this. Now a word from our sponsors:

Dr. Rick :

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Don't forget to press the 'accept' button if you are satisfied with the help I've given you. This allows me to get credit for my time. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus are always appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Hi. We have been noticing some problems with the accept button lately. Are you having difficulty with yours?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Sorry you didn't find my assistance to be acceptable today.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Have a great day.