Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi, This morning when i got up my right eye was very red

This morning when i got up my right eye was very red and dry, as the day progressed i was rubbing it some and i finally put some saline eye drops in it so it would be dry anymore. but after that my vision got very blurry and i now i have some double vision in my right eye. Whats causing this?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

Just a few questions: Do you wear contacts? Has your vision remained blurry or does it come and go? Any pain? When you say double vision in your right eye, this happens when your left eye is closed....you see two images with one eye only? Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?

Customer:

I do not wear contacts, i wear glasses. It stays consistently blurry and double visiony, no pain. my left eye see's things just fine, which both eyes open i see a little bit of double vision and with my left eye closed i can cleary see double of what im looking at. i do not have any medical issues and i do not take any medication

Dr. Rick :

hi

Customer:

hello

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well, this could be a dry eye type problem which will be easy to take care of at home.....however you are a young and healthy male and I wouldn't think you would have dry eye problems. How red is your eye? Any chance of you taking a close up picture and uploading it?

Dr. Rick :

I can give up upload instruction to use with pictures on your computer to this page

Customer:

my eye isnt very red at all anymore. i was pretty red morning before i put some saline drops in

Dr. Rick :

but you still have the monocular double vision, right?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Rick :

How difficult is it for you to get in to see an ophthalmologist? I know with my kids, who are your age, if I wasn't an eye doc they would never see one :o)

Dr. Rick :

I am concerned about the monocular diplopia in a healthy young man...

Customer:

not that difficult. just costly. but if you think i should see a doctor in person i can.

Dr. Rick :

You know, in thinking it over, I think that would be better then trying something at home for a day or two, having the issue not improve -- or get worse -- and then going to see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. Rick :

you only have two eyes and it's nice to have them both working.....

Customer:

its terribly difficult to work with double vision too. i see two things of text whenever i type

Dr. Rick :

ya, best to be seen. It might turn out to be something simple and then again there are things that could cause this that will only get worse and harder to treat.

Customer:

yeah, your right. i will go make a appointment right now.

Dr. Rick :

I could list them if you are the type that likes to worry :)

Dr. Rick :

OK. Now a word from our sponsors:

Dr. Rick :

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

thank you for answering me questions dr. rick :)

Dr. Rick :

Best of luck. I enjoyed chattin with you today

Dr. Rick :

my pleasure

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest