Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

my right eye has the jumping feeling at the eye bag area for

my right eye has the jumping feeling at the eye bag area for 2 weeks and it happen from morning till night
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "eye bag area". Are you referring to a twitching of your eyelids?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes twitching of bottom eyelid

Hello and thanks for your question.

You have just described one of the most common complaints that I receive in my clinic everyday. It is common, but nonetheless very annoying.

Eyelid twitching is a sign of generalized irritation or fatigue. Its triggers vary from person to person. For some it is using their eyes a lot (excess reading, TV, computer work). For others, the eye may be dry, have allergies, or they may be rubbing their eyes a lot. For many people, there is no identifiable cause, which can be the most distressing.

This is rarely due to any significant pathology, but I would say if you go another 4-6 weeks with this still going on, then it may be worth your while to see your ophthalmologist to get a full exam to determine if there is anything wrong that can be treated.

What you can also try in the mean time is a trial of artificial tears. This may help treat an underlying dry eye which may be causing this. To make artificial tear therapy work, however, they must be used consistently: 3-4x/day, everyday for at least 3 weeks, better 4. If you only use them when you feel like you need them, they won't work.

Does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.