Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi, I am a 23 year old male in overall good health. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I am a 23 year old male in overall good health. I have been having eye pain and pain along the right side of my nose for a month. The pain has recently gotten unbearable over the past three days and I am very scared. I was on amoxocillin for 7 days a few weeks ago and still had pain. I went to the hospital yesterday because the pain was so bad and they did an xray and said my sinus x-ray was normal. They prescribed me a Z-Pack for 5 days. I don't have any discharge from my nose or a fever. I do feel like there is something inflammed the corner of my eye because when I apply a little pressure it hurts extremely bad. I am going for a CT scan today. I also got a desk job a month ago and was thinking maybe it was trigger points causing all this pain because I have painful mucle knots all around the right side of my neck. I am worried that I have a bad infection and it spread to my eye socket and eye and possibily my brain. I have been so scared about this for the past few days I feel like I am dying. Could you please help me?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat this morning?

Dr. Rick :

We can use the Q&A system to answer your question.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
The most likely cause for your pain is a nasal lacrimal duct obstruction with infection in the lacrimal sac.

I believe that it would be better to see an ophthalmologist today rather then have a head CT done. If you are committed to having your head imaged I would suggest an MRI with attention to the nasal/orbital areas.

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Don't forget to press the 'accept' button if you are satisfied with the help I've given you. This allows me to get credit for my time. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus are always appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

It was a pleasure to help. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Have a great day.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Hi. We have been noticing some problems with the accept button lately. Are you having difficulty with yours?