Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

believe her head was injured but black lines have appeared..eye

Customer Question

83 year old lady fell on saturday.do not believe her head was injured but black lines have appeared in the corner of each eye.
what could cause this please?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

What do you mean "black lines have appeared in the corner...."? Is she seeing these lines, or can you see them when you look at her?

Dr. Rick :

Are you still online and available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

If you can see these lines, where in the corner are they? How large? Does she have any visual complaints? What medicine does she take and what medical problems does she have?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from you computer. We can use the Q&A system.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I am here and available to discuss your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can see lines in whites of both eyes at edges of each eye running from top to bottom of each eye vertically.no visual complaints. has hardened arteries of brain. medicine; statins,antidepressants,aspirin and ursodeoxycholic acid
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
And these lines are sharp and clear, as if drawn by a black fine marker?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no.blurred edges
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Is there any way you could take a close up picture with digital camera? I would be happy to have a look at this for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will attempt to at hospital visiting this afternoon.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Let me give you instructions on how to uplink the picture:

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts"

Copy the link inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Of course, the other option since she is in the hospital, is to ask for an Ophthalmology consult. That should be easy enough to do and would have the best chance of getting to the bottom of the issue in the least amount of time.

I'll be at my computer off and on all day.....I check it at lunch (CST) and if a patient doesn't show etc. I'll be happy to look at the pictures for you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Any luck on pictures during todays visit? If not I can continue to answer your question with your description alone.